TikTok has become one of the most popular apps all over the world. Whether you’re watching or creating, TikTok is the place to be.
However, if you’re new to creating videos on TikTok, it can be difficult getting into the swing of it. In this article, we’ll walk you through one of the most important tutorials you’ll need to create great videos: adding text. And who knows, you may end up being the next big TikTok creator!
Adding Text to TikTok Videos
To add text to your TikTok videos, you can simply use the same editing menu for adding sounds, effects, and stickers. Follow the steps below to add text:
1. Open the TikTok app and record or select the video you want to use
2. Once the video editing menu is on your screen, tap the text icon (Aa) in the top right corner of the screen
3. Type the words you want to place on your video
4. Play around with the colour using the round coloured dots at the top of the keyboard and change the font by tapping the font names above the colour options
5. You can align your text to the left, right or centre by tapping the text alignment bars to the left of the fond options
6. You can change the caption style by touching the highlighted A icon to add different highlights to your text, for example, to make it bold or appear in a box
7. Once you’re happy with your text, tap done at the top right corner of the screen and you can manually adjust the position of the text by dragging it across your screen
8. You can now continue to edit, upload, or draft your video
To create separate pieces of text on your video, simply repeat the above steps and treat each piece of text as a separate element.
How to Set the Duration of Your Text on TikTok Videos
If you’re wanting to get more creative with your TikTok videos, you can set the duration for how long you want the text to appear in your videos. To do this, follow these steps:
1. When editing your video, tap the relevant text that you want to set the duration of
2. Select set duration from the options that come up and then drag the slider at the bottom of the screen to the left or right to set the time frame
3. You can preview how the text will appear by tapping the play button above the slider
4. Once you’re happy, tap the checkmark symbol in the lower right corner of the screen
Converting Text to Speech on TikTok Videos
Taking it one step further, there is a feature that allows you to turn your written text to speech. This is handy for easy watching and creating awareness about what your video is all about. To enable this feature, simply tap the written text you wish to convert and select text to speech. This converts all written text to audio without removing the original text. Once you’re done, you’ll hear a voice repeating the words you’ve typed in your video. However, this doesn’t convert the caption to speech.