With the speed tool on TikTok, you can change the speed of your video. This is a great tool for many reasons, but it can be difficult to know exactly how to do it. In this article, we will walk you through the ways you can speed up your TikTok video before posting.
How to Speed Up a TikTok Video While Recording
1. Open the TikTok app on your phone and tap the + icon at the bottom centre of your screen
2. Click the speed on the top right corner of the camera screen and choose the speed you want. The options are 2x or 3x
3. Tap the record button to start recording and then you can edit the video to apply text, filters, stickers and more before posting
How to Speed Up an Uploaded Video on TikTok
1. Open up the TikTok app on your phone and click the + icon at the bottom of the screen to create a new video
2. Tap on upload to select your video
3. Click the timer-like icon
4. Select 2x or 3 x to speed up the video however you like
5. Click next to apply the changes and save
6. Continue editing your video before sharing on TikTok
How to Speed Up a Video on TikTok But Not The Sound
If you speed up a video on TikTok, then the original audio will also be sped up and distorted. To prevent this from happening, tap add sound on TikTok first and then tap the speed icon after.
Why Speed Up TikTok Videos?
Speeding up TikTok videos is a common practice to be able to get more into the allocated time. It’s also great for removing elongated pauses and compacting slow moments into a fast-paced string of words.